Today, Annabel Drake Lanier was born at 12:46 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and is 19 inches long. She is so precious and perfect! We are in love! She was a little over 2 weeks early, her due date being Aug 12. I blew my nose last night sitting in bed and my water broke, haha!! Wes and I stared at each other then jumped up and started acting crazy. I wasn't sure if it was water breaking or just other stuff. So we grabbed the bags I had just packed and went to the hospital. What I didn't know is that once your water "breaks," it continues to leak until you deliver your baby because your body constantly replenishes it!
The contractions started about an hour later and then they were intensified with a medicine. I tried to ride them out until they got really bad and asked for an epidural. I can't even describe everything that went wrong with the epidural from getting it to it "not taking." I never believed people when they would say that so I guess it was karma time. Anyway, it did not work for the contraction pains but right when it was time for her to come, they put another medicine in it and luckily I had some relief while I pushed. 3 pushes and this girl was here! She has a sweet little dimple on her chin and beautiful dark hair and skin. We aren't sure where she got that but we'll take it because she is GORGEOUS! We can't stop staring at this miracle from God.
She is breastfeeding well (knock on wood!) And speaking of that, I need to run. Thank you for all your prayers, support, and love. We'll keep you posted!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment