Annabel turns 1 month old Wednesday... so crazy how fast time goes by! The first week of her life, I was living on adrenaline. The second week, fatigue set in and it was a fog. By week 3, I was quasi-regaining control of my thoughts, time, emotions, etc and now that week 4 is here, I am ready for a makeover. Ha!
I decided a year ago that I wanted Kim/Kourtney/Khloe Kardashian hair. Yes I watch their shows and no I'm not ashamed. Even my husband can tell them apart by now. (And, yes I am going to Dash when we go to Miami in November) So I started letting it grow out. Except it took forever and didn't have a style and now its just long and matted looking. I don't have time to style it and long hair takes time... unless you do a ponytail which is the only way you will ever see me wear it. It takes an hour to wash, dry and straighten, and I just don't have that kind of time. (Who does, seriously?)
So, I made the appt to have it cut tomorrow. Also, I have played the "the first x pounds melted off, I bet these last 15 will too" game and I lost. These last 15 are just hanging out. It was great the first few weeks... getting on the scale and it always being less and less! Now, its pretty much stuck on the same number, which is higher than I've ever weighed. Mainly, I want to be back in my regular clothes because maternity clothes STINK. And, I still can't wear my regular shoes :( I'm not ready to talk about that yet because I think the increased foot size may be permanent and I'm not ready to accept that I may never be able to wear any of my shoes ever again.
Today I hit the gym and worked out. Slowly but surely, I hope I can lose it. The dilemma is that when you are b'feeding, you are supposed to increase your calories, so I'm in a conundrum. Anyway, I hope to be debuting the new and improved me soon :) Speaking of delicious food, I am making a chicken divan tonight, while wearing my sweet baby in a homemade moby wrap! I love this thing.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait for Dash!
ReplyDelete